Saturday, September 1, 2007

The "day after post"

Haha, love the title. Anyway- had to catch everyone up! We didn't end up going to a movie (sad I know) but we only have 2 movie theatres here, and all the movies either started at 7 or at 10. None in the middle! Our sitter got off of work at 7:30 so that would mean that we would go to a 10' showing...and neither of us wanted to stay up that late!!(That is when you know you are getting old!!) But we did end up going to Chilis to celebrate with a birthday dinner (always a good safe choice) and then we came home to a Cheesecake birthday cake (thanks to a wonderful husband...and Sara Lee) and opened presents. I have to admit, Dustin is really creative with his gifts!! He (and Halle) got me 2 Yoga outfits, and a gift to the local Yoga place for classes this fall after baby comes (if he does come) and they even specialize in post maternity yoga!! (I must also say the clothes are actually really really cute...and they match really well)!! Dustin bathed Halle and put her down for the night (another wonderful gift) then we watched Hitch with Will Smith (great flick). It was a great night!

Right now Dustin is away at a retreat for work...Yeah I know, I am due in 3 days and he is on a retreat?? Luckily the retreat site is only about 30 minutes away and he took the car so that he can come home either really late tonight or early tomorrow morning so that he won't have to be gone on Sunday and miss church (which is so nice!) ! Halle and I are enjoying playing... we did play outside this morning before the heat kicked into full gear... and now we are working on puzzles! Anyway- i hope everyone enjoys their weekend and I do love hearing about everyone's weekend through the updates on blogs!! We will keep everyone posted on little dude...

5 comments:

Marissa said...

fun birthday! I hope your baby comes this week. When I read the doctor would wait to induce you till the 18th I about died!! You will not go that long. Hopefully "little dude" will kick it into full gear and jump through the dialated hoops and be here before you know it. Love you!

Anonymous said...

yeahi hoope they dont make you wait till the 18th, sheesh....i am glad you had a wonderful birthday. i called you today but i think it was early and you prob did not recognize the number. enjoy the rest of the weekend...have fun and try to relax

Amy said...

Glad you had a nice birthday!!!! I'm still furiously checking your blog, waiting for this little guy to make his appearance.

Unknown said...

I bet Dustin was pretty disappointed you didn't get to see the Nanny Diaries. I know that was on the top of his list! :)

Anonymous said...

Nanny Diaries=pretty good, if you ever see it. I still need to see the second in the "Bourne" series before "Ultimatum." Hope L.D. comes fast! At least he didn't come on your birthday... :)

counter