Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Potty Woman


Well not to change the subject, but lets keep talking about life here and all the funny things that Halle does on a day to day basis. So, I had to share the moment with you all- tonight Halle is in the bath tub just playing away (baths usually last about 30+ minutes these days). I am just sitting there reading when all of a sudden she stands up and tells me
"Mommy...I go peeps"
I reply with "yes i know" while still reading my magazine
She says "mommy NO...I go peeps" and starts trying to get out of the bathtub.
So, I say Ok, what the hey, we can give this a try. I put her little potty seat on the toilet and throw her little soapy bum up there just to show her that she can sit up there.
She sits there and tells me "it's not working"
I say "hold on...let's wait just a minute"
"not working"
"one more minute"
when all of a sudden . tinkle tinkle....
"IT WORKS!!"
tinkle tinkle
"IT WORKS AGAIN"
wait a minute
"ok I'm done"
She gets down and climbs back into the bath tub to resume play.
What?? This is what I am asking myself. We are not pushing potty training at all...in fact I have pretty much decided that we weren't even going to try and potty train the child until after Christmas...that way we didn't have to worry about potty breaks etc during traveling time. Needless to say- I am thinking it might have been the Princess panties we saw at Target today..I told her that when she went potty in the big girl potty she could get princess panties... believe me though... there is no way I am going to go for potty training with a new born on the way. Up until tonight she has never had a problem going to the bathroom in her diaper... (and this includes the big stinky mess at Target while talking about the Princess panties) Anyway- i think we have a while to go..I just thought it was hilarious about "it not working"

3 comments:

Shannon Martino said...

That is one hilarious story! I love the "it's not working." Sooooo cute!!

Unknown said...

What a cute story..made me laugh out loud! That girl just wants to wear some fancy panties!

Deya Love said...

That was too funny! Every girl loves a great pair of princess panties!!!

counter