Sunday, September 23, 2007

We love Grammy...and the truth




Grammy is in town!!! (dustin's mom) and we are LOVING it!! It is such a nice help so far, and she has only been here for 24 hours! It is so nice to have her here helping us for this next week- and I am super excited to get to show her all around Bloomington starting bright and early tomorrow morning with Bennett's doctor apt!

Anyway- a lot of you have asked what it is like having two kids and have expressed that you want the honest truth. So here is the non-sugar coated honest truth. Two kids are GREAT! I think that two years apart is the perfect amount for us. 18 months and I think I would have slit my wrist. Halle for the most part just ignores Bennett's presence for the most part but when she does notice him she is a big help and wants to put his binky in for him, and other really cute things. When Bennett screams she just completly ignores it...almost like he really isn't crying. The one hard thing so far is the nursing. When I am nursing unless I get her watching a show of some sort she will destory the house in the 30 minutes it takes to nurse him. Halle is in a big girl bed but can't open her room door so in the afternoon I am adament that Halle takes the 2 hours in the afternoon to nap- and if she isn't napping that is fine but it gives me a good break. And for the most part I am getting a good night sleep every night so I am not walking around like a zombie during the day. The one thing that I tried doing (which might sound bad) is I really worked hard on getting her to play by herself a lot and not to rely so much on me to play with her- that way when Bennett came I had already been "ignoring her" so for me to be taking care of Bennett wasn't too big of a deal. I do try every day to do something special with Halle while Bennett is down or while the moms are here- playing outside...reading stories..going on picnics... fun things that only we can do. We are using the "Oh Bennett, you can't do that because you aren't a big girl...only Halle can do that" a lot. Which I think makes her feel really special. Anyway- that is my honest opinion... i will keep you updated if my opinion changes. Let me know if you guys have any more questions- it is late and as we all know mommies brains don't work all the way at night.

5 comments:

knjfabela said...

I love the picture of Dustin and his mom changing the diapers together. Too funny. I am glad it is not that bad with 2. It gives me hope for the future.

Ola said...

I am so glad you're doing GREAT and that you've GOT a lot of help! :)

Cute pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the dual diaper changing! Share the joy...
Babs

Anonymous said...

MOMMY!! I'm so glad she's there to help you guys out. Dustin's diaper-changing face is priceless...

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope Halle & Bennett enjoy having their diapers changed while they can...because one day it will be THEM changing Samye & Dustin's diapers! He he. Yeah!

Aunt Brookie

counter