Friday, September 7, 2007

More Bennett





Bennett Dustin Peterson was born on September 7, 2007, at 3:21 pm after 25 minutes of pushing by the beautiful and brave Samye. He weiged 8 lbs 7 ounces and is 21 inches in length. As you can see from some of the pictures, he has a ton of hair. Halle really took to him after initially being a little stand-offish. One of the pictures shows her going in for a kiss. She LOVED holding him on Daddy's lap and definitely felt like a big helper. She gave him a little toy that she had picked out at the store, a blue teddy bear, and she beamed as I picked her up so that she could place it in his bassinet -- she chucked it from about 4 feet away and it landed on his face. :) He had no idea, and it is a light, soft bear. It was one of those "Here ya go bud....enjoy; now where's my movie" type things. However, she loves watching him and I think she will be a great helper with the binky. Bennett is eating like a champ and latched right on to Mommy after merely a few minutes out of the womb. He knew exactly what to do and, according to my most recent call from Samye, he has fed 6 times in the past 6 hours (they usually strive for 4 feedings within the first 24 hours). Samye finally told the nurses to just take him and feed him formula because he is being to leave her in a little pain. Anyway, Samye is feeling great (considering) and we are excited to get them home on Sunday morning. For those of you in Bloomington, Samye is in room 2817 at the Bloomington Hospital and feel free to give me a call at 812-272-1710 to verify that she is available for a visit. For those who aren't, feel free to call her phone and leave a message or drop her a comment or email.

Thanks for all of your support! More pictures and updates are on the way!

14 comments:

The Craners said...

Congratulations you guys! He is adorable!! We are so excited for you, and we can't wait to meet the little guy. We are so happy for your cute little family. We hope you continue to do well. We love you guys!

jamie t. said...

He's beautiful! Sam, you are like the most beautiful woman in labor and just given birth that I have ever seen. I can't wait to see more pics. Congrats

Stephanie said...

Samye, congratulations on such a beautiful baby. I love all his hair and the cute pictures. I'm glad he's eating so well for you. :) Finally the waiting is over and he's here! I'm so happy for you!

Deya Love said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm so glad you didn't have to wait until the 18th! Must've been all the exercise!!! Good job Same and great blogging Dustin!

Ola said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Am so happy for you... So many memories! ENJOY!!! :)

Amy said...

Samye, you look so fantastic and Dustin looks so happy!
Congrats you guys! I'm just so happy for you :o)

Marissa said...

CUTE cute!! What a relief to know he's here and that part is over! I'm so excited for you guys! I bet Halle is just loving the baby. Now when I'm up in the middle of the night...I will wonder if Sam is up feeding at the same time!! CONGRATS again! We think he's so so cute!

Denise Stears said...

CONGRATS!! He is so adorable. I'm glad that everything went well. Love ya tons!

knjfabela said...

Congrats!! He is so cute. In some pictures I can see alittle of Halle in him. I am glad you don't have to wait anymore to meet your precious one. Can't wait to meet him.

Ali said...

Halle looks so proud! What a beautiful family. I really like his name. Congrats to you all!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all!!! He is a handsome lil dude, lol. And I approve of the name!!! He was a big boy too, Samye get pleanty of rest. Dustin I hope you doing 110% pf the work, well besides breats feeding. See you both in two weeks.

Shannon Martino said...

hopefully you should be home by now. congrats again! It was fun to watch your Mom in church today telling people about the little one and about how excited she was to get to go and stay with you.

Hope all is well,
Shannon

Carma said...

Hurray!! Little dude has finally arrived! I declare, Sam, you are positively glowing! And I love the picture of Halle on Dustin's lap giving Bennett a kiss. What a beatiful family!

Anonymous said...

SO ADORABLE! He's going to be a knock-out when he's older. And little Hallekins doesn't look so little anymore...!! What's happening?!

counter