Sunday, September 16, 2007

Why we love Sugar!



For those of you who don't know, my mom's "grandma" name is Sugar. Yes, interesting- but it really works with my mom and Halle loves it! Anyway- it has been SO nice having my mom here to help out. She takes Halle on an adventures every morning which gives me a change to relax. Bennett is such a good baby, he has taken right to our nightly routine...and when he doesn't want to participate in our nightly ritual that is when we are thank full for our Sugar! The routine is, we keep him up from 6pm-9pm so that he will sleep great at night. My mom had a pediatrician who told her to do this and in no time her baby would adjust to sleeping at night and be more awake during the day. IT WORKS!! Bennett is now on day 6 of waking up twice at night...once at 2am and then again at 6. I think this also has to do with the fact that he is quite the eater and is close to if not 9lbs already. These pics are of my mom helping us keep Bennett awake...he hates it, and my mom has even admitted that she just feels so bad for him when he is screaming his lungs out-but it works and we will continue!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm glad he is sleeping well at night. I don't think we could ever get Carson to stay awake at that time of night. He is out like a log come 7pm.

Shannon Martino said...

So funny, your Mom gave me the same advice when McKenna was a couple of months old. Worked really well for us to. But boy did she get mad when she started missing that little cat snooze in the evening. We called it the "witching hour."

He is adorable Samye!

counter