Friday, August 31, 2007

Hiding on my birthday??

It has been a wonderful day thus far- Dustin took me out for breakfast this morning at the Village Deli (very yummy) I had a pancake the size of my head filled with blueberries, bananas, and strawberries. We came home- went walking (still trying to help things along) and then went to my doctors apt. Are you sitting down? Are you ready for this one? Ok, so remember how my last visit I was dilated to a 3 and he was pretty far down..."any day" was the comment from my doctor? Today's doctors visit brought out quite the comedian in my doctor- (he actually chuckled) when he told me that little dude has retreated. SERIOUS! I am dilated to maybe a 2...more towards a 1 though and he has moved further up now...no longer "low". Yep- Little dude has decided that he doesn't want to come any time soon. So I have pretty much come to the acceptance that as my due date is on Tuesday...there is no way he is coming before then. The doctor did give me hope and said if I don't have him by the 18th he will induce me. So- i guess I can look at it that i have only have 2 weeks until my due date that he will HAVE to come out whether or not he wants to. boohoo...oh well. I can still get a lot of stuff done with only 1 little kid! We didn't get a sitter for tonight because we both thought we would have a little boy by now- but we just got ahold of one and will be going to the movies tonight...I am thinking either The Nanny Diaries or Bourne Ultimateum. I know which one Dustin would rather see...but I do get to choose so...I will let you all know!

7 comments:

Ola said...

Don't worry, Samye... I remember a couple of days before Ollie was born that I was dialated to 0... And, as you well know, he came on his due day... :)
So cheer up! You'll get there! :)

Ola said...

And Happy Happy Birthday!!! :) How old are you now? :)

Deya Love said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marissa said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope it was a good one! LOVE YOU!!

Bree said...

Happy Birthday Samye! Ohhh, I hope he comes soon! Avri was born on her due date, maybe your little dude is punctual too!

Em said...

Happy Birthday!
Not until the 18th? yikes!!! Well let's hope he comes before then! I hope you saw the Bourne Supremacy..it's awesome. We went to nanny diaries last night and Luke wasn't to interested!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Samye! That pancake sounded divine. I didn't know a baby could retreat!! You've just made him such a nice home! I hope you enjoyed the movie!

counter