Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Are you kidding me?


What is this a picture of? Well, it is the picture of the labor and delivery area...yes... I do have a really good story. In fact a GREAT story for you all. And it is as follows.

So I am due in exactley 13 days. Last night around 7ish I started getting really bad side cramps. (the kind of cramps that you get when you are running and you ate something right before the run that you really shouldn't have)- and they were pretty intense, so I called my Doctor explained what was happening and he said "Why don't you go in to Labor and Delivery. I think you have a bladder infection." So, Dustin and I take off (yes someone is watching Halle) and go to the hospital. We get there, they run tests and check out the fetal monitor to find that, by golly I am having contractions too! So, we stay in the hospital with ZERO progress until about 10:45 when finally we decide to go home. Great recomendation from my Doctor who said why don't you go home and sleep in your bed, get your bags ready...I wouldn't be surprised if you came back.

That was the first visit. At 3am this morning (not even 4 hours later) I woke up with pretty intense contractions- I waited for about 30 minutes before waking Dustin...we timed them-- and they were coming ever 3 minutes. What is yoru first thought- I am in Labor! We call my Doctor (once again) and he said get up to the hospital now. (You see, with Halle I went from a 5 to a 10 in 15 minutes...we, all of us didn't want Dustin to deliver this boy!!!!!) So we get in there, and they say oh yes- you are in labor. We get all the paper work done, etc..and await the pending arrival of little dude. They check me and I am at a 3 (which I was at a 2 at the earlier visit to the hospital) so we think for sure...here he comes! Dustin and I talk, walk the halls, rock in the rocking chair...you name it and we did it. They come in and check me at 8 and nothing has happened. Nothing at all. At this point Dustin and I are practically jogging the labor and delivery cooridors to get labor moving. Finally at 10:30 my Doctor comes in and tells us that he has no idea what happened but the labor has pretty much died. I am stuck at a 3. He doesn't want to break my water because the baby isn't low enough so it could cause danger with the umbilical cord. He told us we were more than welcome to stick around or go home since (once again) we live so close to the hospital. We go home. We get home around 11 and I haven't had a painful contraction since we have been home. Great huh?

It isn't the fact that we don't have a little boy in our lives right now that is frustrating, it is the fact that I was in, according to my Doctor, in labor. All of us, including the Doctor totally thought that Little Dude would be joining our family early this morning. Welp, that is test run 1 and 2...maybe the third time will be the charm!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Samye!!! C'mon little dude! Just get here!

Deya Love said...

Well, that was a nice little practice run...or two... :)

Shannon Martino said...

Oh, I am soooo sorry. That is so annoying. Good thing you live close to the hospital.

I don't think I remember that you transitioned that fast with Halle. Good thing you live close :)

We hope everything goes well when he decides to join the family.

We love you guys!

Hannah said...

I hate getting sent home!!!! (I got sent home with Emma and with Carson...)

Good luck! I hope he comes really soon!

Devin and Megan said...

Samye, I did the same thing 3 weeks before. I had a bladder infection, which started my contractions. It was so hard to go through the pain. Then be sent home with nothing.
Good Luck our prayers are with you!

counter