Tuesday, August 7, 2007

We Made It!!


Yes we made it...no we didn't have a crazy cat on our flight that comes in later on in the story. Well, Halle and I had a crazy night last night- I don't know how these women do it who have a family bed. There is NO WAY I would ever do that!! Halle and I spent the night at a hotel right next to the airport and shared a bed. She is the biggest snuggle buddy ever! All night long I had little limbs and body parts touching me. It didn't matter that I had three pillows piled up high so she could reach me...she slept great...I woke up about every 30 minutes to push her over to her side. We got up and were at the airport by 5:45 to find a line out the door for security. My first thought was what kind of crazy person gets flights this early?? oh yeah..me! The first flight went great, short and quick...the best. The second flight was a little bit longer but Halle took a little nap so we were happy! The only scary part of the flight was when the pilot dropped from 3000 feet in the air to 700 in about 20 seconds...and i thought I was going into labor.The good news...I guess, is that I didn't have him today. Dustin picked us up and we made it safely back to find two angry cats. Yes, for those of you who don't know we have cats. No we didn't leave them all alone in the townhome for the summer- but had a lady in our church take care of them at her house. And one is especially still being cranky! She hisses at the other cat all day. These cats have gone through 8 moves in their short 3 years of life...they have gone through a lot. And they are still alive and living with us. Hopefully the one who is being a snot will chill out and resort back to regular life of sleeping...eating...and letting Halle run things all over her. We will see though!! Bloomington is gorgeous right now, HOT and very very humid but we are excited to be back!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh so glad you made it okay! It's a little empty and lonely without you guys here...but at least Emma's coming to visit for a few days. :)

Ola said...

I MISS my Bloomington... A LOT!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you made back to B-town. I will be in town Sept 20th for a orthodontist appt, i cant wait to see you, Halle, and the baby...oh D-BIzzle...lol

jamie t. said...

I'm glad you made it home. Hope your feeling great. I bet you can't wait for him to arrive. Keep us posted

counter