Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Self Publish your blog!

ok So I saw this and thought this would be so ideal!! I know that for me this blog has become somewhat of a journal and to find this just make me realize that this will be my journal/history and I can publish it. The prices are incredibly reasonable too!! So here is the information:

It's just a guess, but it seems to me that bloggers might daydream about publishing a book. It's really a genre that lends itself to it--from travel logs, to monthly baby blogs, to simple, beautiful photography spreads.

Thanks to Blurb.com, your blog can become a book in no time. With just a few clicks of the mouse, Blurb makes it so easy to layout a professional-looking publication. Just download their blog software and it will slurp (yes, a technical term) your blog text, images, comments, and links automatically into a professionally designed template, producing a draft book in real time. It supports all the major blogging platforms like Blogger, LiveJournal.com, TypePad (which brings you Goody Blog), and WordPress.com. You can edit your entries as much as you'd like and create a beautiful hard-bound book up to 440 pages. It's the perfect gift for the technologically un-savvy grandparent who may have missed out on all the emailed web albums and daily baby blog updates.

And if you think the world wants to hold your blog in their hands, you can sell it either publically or privately to your select group at Blurb's online bookstore. Blurb gives you all the tools you need, from blog recommendations to website links, to promote your publication on your blog.

The amazingly generous folks at BLURB have offered Goody Blog readers a fabulous promotion: Create a book, any book, in the next week and receive 10% off entire purchase! Just enter PARENTSMAG07 in the promotion code field at check out.

So go ahead...bind your blog!

http://www.blurb.com/home/1/

6 comments:

Ali said...

Samye!
Thanks for the tip!

Hannah said...

I actually downloaded this last month! I am just about to order one! I am so excited...

Ola said...

I have to try it, too... :) Since now I HAVE some money! :)

And good luck w/ the baby... I would just enjoy extra time you have to sleep, since you KNOW what's coming... :)

Em said...

Awesome Samye! I've been trying to figure out how to print of sooo many pages! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Wilson said...

Wow, I just looked at it, downloaded it and now it has all of my text, but some of the pictures aren't working out...Did you have any problems with that?

Bree said...

Awesome! I totally love how blogging is such a great way to journal, and now I love that you can publish it! Thanks for sharing!

counter