Monday, August 27, 2007

A true love story


This morning at 7:00am Texas time my Meme passed away. For those of you who have been reading you also know that my Granddad (her husband) passed away just about 2 months ago. Granddad passed away in Africa due to an accident- and Meme passed away due to cancer. I believe that it really was a love story, a true love story. (Kind of like the one in the Notebook). I know that they were so in love that they just couldn't go on without each other...they worked so well together. Meme was one of the best grandma's that I could ever ask for, and she set such a wonderful example of how I want to live my life. I believe the service will be on Saturday morning- and since I am due at any moment I will not be able to attend. BUT- i also am "not invited"!! When my Meme found out that she had cancer, she specifically told my mom that I was not to attend. The health of my new little boy was too important to her (she said)-once again an example of her selflessness and how she always thought of everyone else. I am praying for the comfort of everyone involved in this, and more specifically for my Father. I pray for the comfort that those involved need and appreciate the thoughts and prayers of all of you my friends send our way.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so sorry for you and your family's loss, Samye!

Isn't it nice that we can be happy about a death because of our faith? We know she is having a great reunion with her husband and she is no longer sick!

Elysa said...

Lake and I send our condolences to you and your family. Both of your grandparents were extraordinary people and we are sorry that you lost them both this summer. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Devin and Megan said...

Samye,
My mom called me this morning and this is exactly what I thought! They are in love and they are together. I am praying for you all. I am sad we can't go to the funeral either.
We love you!
Megan

Amy said...

Wow, they really loved each other. That's a beautiful story.
But I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'll pray for your Dad especially...
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You and the family are in my prayers! I'm so sorry, but at the same time, it sounds like she was ready to be with her husband again. :) Love you!

knjfabela said...

I am sorry to hear that! However, she must be so happy now. We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

SAmye & Dustin,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am praying for your family, your father included. Remember death is not a bad thing, she is in a better place.
Love The Wimbley's

Deya Love said...

I am happy they are together as I had a hard time picturing Meme without Grandad too. I will also be sending love and prayers towards Texas and in the well-wishes of my parents. Everyone knows you would be there in a heart-beat if you could. I can hear Meme telling you not to go! She was so great and selfless like that. I'll miss her but I know she's up there with Grandad looking out for all of us! She's probably playing with little dude!

Ola said...

I'm so sorry... You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Ali said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma but can't believe that she only had to wait two months to be with your Grandpa again.

counter