Saturday, August 18, 2007

Anxiously Waiting


So this is the last picture that I have of "little dude" (as we refer to him) and know that he has grown so much!! I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and wanted to share the report with you all...and if you aren't a fan of too much info than you might want to stop reading now. (So any male might not want to continue reading...serious) So, went into the doctor and I didn't gain a single pound in a week (that is the first time and is super exciting!!!!) then he came in and did an exam. The official word (according to my wonderful Doctor) is I am dilated to a 2...and he could feel the head the baby was low enough. Yippee!! He told me that he didn't like to guess too much regarding these things but he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make it to my appointment next Friday because I will have either a-had him, or b-be in the hospital. So- we are just counting down till he comes!! Personally I am A-ok with him staying in for at least another week. Besides the fact that having a newborn baby is a little overwhelming..and then throw in a spirited 2 year old with that mix...I would love for him to come into this world nice and healthy. A good 8 lbs would be perfect. Dustin was a 10lb baby so I don't think I want him to be that healthy (please no) so we will just keep everyone updated!! Thanks again for all the book recommends- I am going to go to B&N to check them out!!

8 comments:

Shannon Martino said...

congratulations!! we are so excited for your family and cannot wait to see pics of him. I wish we were there to help out. Good Luck!

Amy said...

Ooooohhhh...yay!!! Can't wait to see pics!
Did you decide on a name yet?

Bree said...

So happy to hear things are going well! I must admit I'm jealous of your "early" progress. I wasn't even a two when my water broke! haha. Can't wait to hear the news. Good luck!!!

Ola said...

That sounds GREAT!!! Good luck with EVERYTHING!!! Especially the newborn at home!!! Ha, ha, ha... :)

Deya Love said...

Ooohhh, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!! WE are excited...went shopping at Kohl's Friday to pick out some outfits for Lil' Dude....I agree with "THe Shellseekers" as a choice; anything by Rosamunde Pilcher or Maeve Binchy is good.....we'll be waiting to hear!
Love you,
Mom P

Anonymous said...

bring on baby peterson....yeah Samye! Get some rest, and I hope he isnt as big as Dustin too...see you soon

Anonymous said...

That is so surprising that Dustin was large as a child, it is always so unfortunate when you hit your physical muscular peak as a new born.

counter