Friday, August 3, 2007

What a Scare!!


I had my last doctor visit yesterday here in Utah and it started out REALLY scary!! I go in, and for those of you who don't know they usually always start off with listening to the heartbeat then they measure you. Well, the nurse listened...moved it and listened again...then moved it again and listened. She then stopped- looked at my chart... and said I need to go get the doctor I will be right back. I stopped her and asked what was wrong and she said that she was hearing two different heartbeats. Yep, not one...two. Not only did I start breathing really really fast but I started thinking...what am I going to do? The doctor came in and did the normal chit chat... (I am still hypervenilating) then listed to the heartbeat and told me-don't worry there is only one. I don't know what that nurse was talking about! THANKS! So not only did the nurse almost put me into premature labor- but scared me to death!!! The rest of the appointment went great, I got approved for flight on Tuesday to go back to Indy (yeah!!) Yes, you do have to get approved when you are as far along as I am. And I got a Doctor's note to ok me. We are good to go! Hopefully this isn't my last blog in Utah... we will see though!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you are telling us is that it could have been two Lil' Dudes instead of one...!! (or one Lil' Dude and one little Dudette...)

Whew!!

Love you,
Mom P :)

jamie t. said...

How scary! That would sure change things! Good luck on the way back.

Bree said...

Oh boy! Can you imagine if all the sudden you really were having twins!! AHHH! Glad to hear everything went well...where'd that nurse go to school anyway...haha!! Good luck with the move!

Deya Love said...

Holy crap, that is not even funny! Hey, I'm nine months along and no one really felt the need to tell me there were two babies until now?!?! That would've been useful information! Glad you're okay and I'm glad you get to go back! Closer to Florida- hint hint!

Ola said...

Good luck with everything! :)

counter