Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What else to try...

So, I don't think I have become "really really" desperate- but I am definitely trying to help nature along a little bit. I am 5 days from my due date and I am really ready to be done. Yes, I know that when he is ready to come he will come but PLEASE I am so ready to be done with this! Last night Dustin sent me to my Yoga class because I think my nerves were a little too much for him...it is a prenatal yoga class and I love it! It is a (picture this) bunch of pregnant women, bending and stretching in ways that aren't attractive when you are not pregnant let alone when you are. I love it though, and it is a great workout. I actually woke up this morning sore! So, I decided to help things along even more and made Dustin take me on a walk (sounds like I am his pet now) but with Halle in tow there is no way I could have gone on the trail that we did pushing the stroller. So we did about 2 miles this morning, then Halle and I went to a play group for 2 hours at the park. It was so nasty hot there!!! But Halle enjoyed being out- swinging...and of course being with her friends. I have heard that sometimes cleaning puts you into labor so I did our entire home- bathrooms and all. But still no contractions. So if anyone has any other tricks that worked for them please let me know. I don't know about trying Castor oil...the thought of being sick on the toilet the whole time leading up to delivering a baby does not sound pleasant to me. BUT i would love any input at this point!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my girlfriend takes that class too on tuesdays and thursday. she love it...dont worry lil dude will be here by sunday i think

jamie t. said...

Don't drink it!!! My sister in Law works in labor and delivery and says no way. I've been there, but he'll come... I Promise. I can't wait to hear when he arrives and see those adorable pictures. I promise he's easier to take care of in there. :)

Carma said...

You know, if I remember right, Blake was two weeks late...

I think Little Dude is trying out the fashionably-late principle.

Hee hee.

Hannah said...

My sister also works in labor and delivery and says the oil is not the way to go. It wont induce labor and will just make you extemely uncomfortable.

I am so sorry. I started getting desperate with Carson around this time and the thought crossed my mind to try it. Yuck. I am so glad I didn't after hearing other people's horror stories.

I am sure your little guy will be here soon!!

Hannah said...

Oh...I have heard that pineapple can naturally start contractions. Its yummy, so it would be worth a try...

Shannon Martino said...

If you are having braxton-hicks try squatting during each of them. Worked great for me (my doc recommend the trick). The pressure of the baby's head helps to dialate and soften stuff up. There is also....um, how do I put this g-rated on a family blog...the reason you got the way you are :) The hormones kick in contractions :)

Good luck, can't wait to see pics of him.

Anonymous said...

looks like I lost the contest! I hope he comes soon, for your sake.

counter