Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day



Memorial Day is a day to remember loved ones lost; both those who have fought in wars to protect our freedom and loved ones who have passed on to a greater work in the next life. We decided that we would celebrate this day in remembrance of Tannon and the huge part that he played in our lifes. By doing this we are going to share ten things that are fun to remember that many might not know.
1. For the first couple years of life we celebrated Halloween as famous couples...aka cat & mouse, Minnie & Mickie Mouse, Oscar the Grouch & Cookie Monster...and more.
2. Tannon had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bunk bed...way cool- it was the van that they would drive around in.
3. Tannon was petrified of the lobsters at the grocery store.
4. When we would babysit Tannon would be in charge of cooking the macaroni...I couldn't make it worth a flip and Tannon was the best mac'n'cheese maker ever.
5. When dating, Tannon would go above and beyond what he should for a girl-including having us chaufer a girl around town to get "beautified" with me hidden in the backseat videotaping everything.
6. Tannon had more friends than I think any one person could ever have.
7. All of Tannon's friends that were girls were gorgeous, whether it be on the inside or the outside.
8. Tannon did a date once were he filled a kid swimming pool full of mac'n'cheese. He had some of the most creative dates.
9. Tannon had impecable style, and he once bought a pair of $200 designer jeans at the height of his poverty. He was super picky about what you should wear and shouldn't...and would tell you if what you were wearing didn't go well.
10. Above all else He was the most loving hugable person ever. Hence the nickname "T-Bear".

We love and miss you but know you are doing a greater work!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samye, that was SO sweet!! I loved reading it. And that picture of him catching the frisbee...is that when Maretta and I came up to Idaho to visit you and D, and we went to the park?

Ali said...

What a beautiful tribute. I thought it was very appropriate for Memorial day to honor your brother with a list like that.

Em said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you posted that. I loved reading it!!!

Shannon Martino said...

Loved learning a few new things about Tannon that we didn't know before!

Love ya,
The Martino's

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful Samye and I didn't even know who he was...but now I do and it makes it even more special!

Devin and Megan said...

I would like to add that he was a friend to everyone.
He was a twin with my brother. The birthdays were min. apart. I have wonderful memories of Tannon. Garrett and him did a lot when they were growing up. I have heard the camping stories. He was always a tease. We know he is busy doing the Lord's work.

Anonymous said...

That was way sweet Sam & D....You made my night! We all love and miss him ...thanks for reminding us all those fun things!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute, Samye.

I totally remember that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bed. In fact, I think I helped Grandpa during some portion of the assembly process, and in so doing somehow got a small green smudge of paint on my pants belt. I kept that belt for years, and would always think of Tannon and his "Tinja Nurtle" bed (Grandpa E's spoonerism) when I saw it.

I sure look forward to seeing him again.

--Matt

counter