Monday, May 7, 2007

Bad Mom...

So do you ever have one of those days that you just feel like a bad mom? Well, today was one of those days. It started off like it always does, a little Sesame Street...nothing big. Then Halle had a dentist apt. that we had to be at at 9:30-so we are going out to the car and she (of course) didn't want to go so pulled her feet out from underneath her as we were walking to the car. I pulled her up and then put her in her car seat. As I did this she started crying about her arm...I thought (here is the bad mom) I thought, oh get over it...I know I didn't let you go play but we have to go so buck up. We got to the dentists office (she cried the whole way) and I went to get her out of her car seat when I noticed her arm was swollen. Well, we had to go into the dentists office so we didn't have to pay just because we didn't show up so, I walked in (she is screaming the whole time) and said "I am here for our 9:30...we aren't having a good day is there any way that we can reschedule?" Of course they were booked all the way through September but I knew it wasn't going to work out. So we left, no future appointment scheduled and called our pediatrician. Talked to the nurse, told her the symptoms and she said get over here now. So I rushed all the way to the other side of town to the pediatricians office to see what was wrong. (My first thought is, I broke my daughters wrist...this is lovely!) Walked in and our wonderful Doctor (in all seriousness she is the best we have ever had!) told us that yep- Halle's elbow popped out of place. She popped it back in and then taught me how to do it also (it is a very common thing among kids...which made me feel a little better). While we were there I asked her to check out Halle's ears, nose...the works since we are flying this weekend. AND Halle still has a little ear infection!! From a month ago...it is still there! Luckily I had it checked out...could you imagine flying with a two year old who has an ear infection? That would not be fun. So...that is my bad mom story for the day, made me feel pretty bad- the thought that my daughter's elbow was out and she had an ear infection for the past month. Love it! Needless to say we are on antibiotics so hopefully our flight will be smooth sailing!!

3 comments:

Em said...

Aw! Poor thing! Gosh Samye..yankin' your daughter's arm out of socket! ;)
jk
At least now everything is fixed!

Ola said...

Don't feel bad... It happens. Good that you went to the doctor and that you found out that she's still having ear infection... Hopefully your day was better today!

Amy said...

Ohhh, it happens. I have days like that, too! Glad she's feeling better now!

counter