Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mom's project





So last night I finally sat down and made the dress that I have been meaning to for weeks. I saw a dress just like this at Gymboree and thought...now that can't be that hard. And it wasn't at all!! I finished it in one night and Halle got to wear it to church today. It falls right below her knees (which you can't tell) and also has big pink buttons going down her back (once again you can't see) and I think it is one of my best creations ever. The other big thing is last night I "talked Dustin into" letting me bring my sewing machine to Utah. (Which we know didn't take much talking into...more of I really want to bring it...and of course he relented!!) I am super excited to bring it that way I can still work on all the little boy projects I want to get done. I feel that is one of my biggest weaknesses, I have so many crafts that I want to do that I never seem to finish them. For example we still have 3 packages of stockings that I need to make...that we have had for over a year. Those are coming to Utah too...we'll see if I can even start those while in Utah!!

6 comments:

Em said...

love the dress and CUTE piggies!!!

Ola said...

The dress is SUPER cute and I'm so glad you're taking your sawing machine to Utah... Good luck with all the projects! :)

Marissa said...

Sam! Cute dress. I just got a sewing machine for my bday!! I'm excited, but have no idea how to use it. We'll have to share creations throughout the summer.

Anonymous said...

So adorable I started laughing...the piggy tails and huge smile, too! The dress is so cute...!!

Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Cute dress! Of course, it will always be tough to make anything cuter for her than she is already. -Papa

Anonymous said...

She's quite the "cheese" in these pics! Love the pigtails and dress...kudos to Samye for sewing it!

counter