Thursday, May 10, 2007

Great Times

So here is the story for the day...hopefully this isn't how my luck is going to be for the next couple of days. Dustin left early this morning to head to Utah so it has been Halle and I all day getting the house ready. To explain our house (for the purpose of the story) we live in a townhome, on the main floor we have a sliding glass door and a deck. The deck is about 5-1/2 or 6 feet off of the ground and wooden. Ok, now for the story. Halle and I were washing the windows inside the house, then went outside on the deck to wash the windows...we closed the sliding glass door and started cleaning away. All of a sudden the lock on the glass door fell down and locked us outside on the deck. Me, a 6 month pregnant woman and a two year old-trapped outside on our deck in 90 degree humid heat. I didn't have the phone with me, keys...nothing. I also realized at that same moment that I had locked the front door, and all the lower level windows. What was I to do? Well, I didn't have many options so I climbed up on the deck and jumped down (yes...and I am ok) then turned around to see if Halle could fit through the wooden slates on the deck. I tried pulling and pushing but our little darling is just a wee bit too big to fit. So I told her to stay right there and I would be right back. (Like she would be going anywhere) I ran around the front of the house to find our neighbors just leaving (luckily they are super nice) and I borrowed their phone to call our management company. They said oh we will be there in a while, just hold tight. I then re-explained the situation that my two year old was on the deck by herself and they were there in about 2 minutes! So, luckily my sticky situation ended up ok...and no we didn't finish cleaning the windows. What a day!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh! That is sad! I had a similar experience a couple weeks ago. I never go anywhere without my keys anymore...even to take the garabage to the curb.

Em said...

wow! What are the chances the door would lock itself while you're out there! I'm glad you got in quickly.

Amy said...

ok, that's a really, really, really bad day. I hope things turn around!!!!

Ali said...

Pregnancy and extreme heat do not go well together. I'm sorry that happened. I hate that feeling when you first realize you're locked out and the stress increases when you've got a little one to try and explain things too!

Ola said...

That's a really funny story!
How's Utah?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That's a classic bad luck story! I admit I laughed a little when you said Halle wouldn't fit through the slates...I just imagined you, a pregnant woman, trying to pull her 2-yr.-old daughter through the slates with no luck.

counter