Monday, October 1, 2007

Bennett's Blessing Weekend






What a weekend!! We (sadly) said goodbye to Grammy on Friday morning as she was going back to Texas but got to welcome my family in late Friday night! Both parents and my siblings Drew and Alex came in town to help us bless Bennett on Sunday morning! It was so much fun to show my Dad Bloomington...I think he had more fun playing with Halle and seeing his only Grandson. On Sunday morning I think I jinxed us by saying "Halle screamed her entire blessing, let's hope Bennett doesn't"..yeah well he screamed from the beginning up until the end. Then he stopped and looked around like, ok it is done so I can stop screaming! Hahah, it was a great blessing and Dustin did a magnificent job. After that we had a little luncheon at our home for all those that came to the blessing and other friends. It was so much fun to have so many people in our home eating with us. We did get a picture as a family but I will have to wait until my mom can send me a copy- these are all pictures from the day. Halle had a hard time saying goodbye to everyone...I think she thought that if she didn't say goodbye they wouldn't leave. It was major tears as "Pops" and "Sugar" drove away...Halle kept telling us "I go jexas sugar pops???" Super cute. Today is the first official day of being alone with two kids without looking forward to someone coming. It was a great day!! I think I can definitely handle two kids (I better be able to...I really don't have much of a choice!!) I do love having two kids though... is it sad that I am already excited for a third?? (DON'T WORRY.... in time...not any time soon!!!!!!!)

7 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my gosh Drew has gotten so big! That might sound weird, but I haven't seen him since we were in highschool! Glad you had a good weekend and visit with your family:) The pic of Halle and Bennett is adorable! Oh and I got Eliza's costume from Babystyle.com It was on sale and they have $2 shipping :) My friend got her daughter an octopus one :o)

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I wish I could've been there. Where was Alex? Or was she there, just not in pictures? Bennett is getting so much bigger already...and Halle, what a cheeseball! So smiley. :)

Bree said...

Glad you had such a nice weekend for Bennett's blessing. Looks like you've still got great weather in Bloomington---it's already getting cold here! :(

Devin and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devin and Megan said...

Samye,
I will try to call you sometime! I really love reading your blog. I feel closer to you! I am now updating ours every other day or so. It is great to see pictures of your mom and dad and drew! Were there any of alex? Are you going to Texas for Christmas? We are going for just a week!
We love the pics. If you have time check out our blog.

Shannon Martino said...

The picture of your Dad and Halle is adorable, the look on both of there faces is worth a thousand words.

Alex was sooooo excited to come visit, she couldn't wait.

McKenna screamed all through hers as well. Maybe it's genetic :)

Glad all is well

Shannon Martino said...

please excuse my typo - I meant "their" faces.

counter