Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Big Boy



Well it is official...Bennett is going to be big. Let me explain, Halle from day 1 was right along with the sizes that clothes come in...example, for the first 3 months of her life she stayed in 0-3 month clothing...etc. So, I figured that for Bennett I was going to be super smart and frugal and buy things ahead. I have this super cute matching Easter outfit that I just don't think is going to work. Today we moved up...we are in 3-6 month old clothing and he is not even 5 weeks old!! I know! Well other than that things are great, we luckily had a cold front come through today so it was around 55 degrees outside...the day before it had been 92!! Hopefully this fall weather will be here awhile before the Arctic frost comes through! Halle has become quite the helper with Bennett...she has started to want to pick him up so I can't leave him for a second while she is awake and in the room! Other than that we are doing great, and are in the market for a new car, Dustin said that I should ask for every one's opinion of what we should get...not saying that the final say will come from what everyone thinks on the blog but it would be nice to see what you all have to say. I know what I am leaning towards but wanted to hear: it is between (I know odd choices) the Honda Odessey (yes a mini...) and the Toyota Sequioa. So let me hear it!!

11 comments:

Devin and Megan said...

I just love the pictures that is cute Halle was dancing with bennett. Wow he is big, emily is just now fitting into some of her newborn clothes. She's 11 lbs. and 3 months. It's funny how babies come so different! Is he showing personality?
How are you feeling? Was this recovery better or not? My recovery was really hard! I tore forward. The nurses were really funny they would come in and tell me sorry and give me a lot of pain meds.

Shannon Martino said...

So - you should move back here after school is over :)

Denise Stears said...

Wow, Bennett is getting big, but he is so cute. It looks like Halle really adores him. Well, about the car thing. The Toyota Sequioa is really nice. My mother-in-law drive one. I drive a Nissan Murano and just love it. But when our family gets bigger I'm already looking at the GMC Arcadia. It's really nice and it's more a SUV look instead of the mini van. Good luck!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I vote for toyota. We have been checking out the VANS too! The hondas seem to be the same price but they are very stripped down. You'll jack up the price just to add on a/c! Hello! All cars should come with a/c.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics; wow, he has grown so much! Halle is quite the helper :) I vote for the Toyota...we had nothing but good experiences with our Toyotas!
Love you,
Mom P.

Marissa said...

Hi sam! Cutest pictures!! I can't believe Bennett is 5 weeks (Isaac turned 7 weeks yesterday - and we are blessing him this sunday). I wish so bad that you guys lived closer. It would be so much fun to do stroller walks and go to parks and everything else. Miss you guys!!
Also...we will be joining you with the whole car ordeal. My vote, personally, would be the Odyssey. Anyways, I need to call you soon so we can catch up. love you.

Amy said...

I'd go for the mini!

jamie t. said...

He's so big! What a doll. I think that we'll end up with a mini which I have come to terms with. I think they would probably to better with gas. I always say the mini's are way better than the one my mom drove thats for sure. I love the pics!

Hannah said...

I vote for a toyota too. I love them!

Your kids are adorable!

Allison said...

He is a big boy!! As for cars... we love Toyotas! Our last 4 cars have been toyotas. We have the highlander hybrid right now and love it. When we have more than 2 kids we will probably get a bigger toyota because when you put the 3rd seat up there isn't much room for luggage in the back if you are traveling. Happy car shopping and enjoy your new vehicle when you get it :)

Jessica said...

Your kids are adorable! I would go for the Toyota, we love ours! I want to get the Highlander when we finally have a paycheck (next year sometime),and then the Sequoia later on in life, but the Odyssey is a great car. Two of my sibling in laws have them. They love em!

counter