Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Don't tell my daughter my real name is "Samye"


So this started yesterday with Halle standing at the top of the stairs yelling "Samye...come here Samye" over and over. She finally came downstairs and I asked her, "Halle what is my name?" She answered Mommy.

Ok...so what is this whole Samye thing? She continued to do it all day yesterday calling me...and today...then finally I realized what she was doing. Halle calls me "sweetie" often-picking that up from Dustin. SO we realized tonight that she thinks that Samye is just another pet name -she walked up to Dustin and said "Here Samye, here Samye Daddy".

So if my daughter ever calls you Samye...take it as a compliment and smile.

6 comments:

Em said...

Aw, that's cute. They pick up on everything don't they! My two year old nephew still calls his dad "Dan" instead of "Dad".

Denisse said...

That is so funny and cute!!!!!:)

jamie t. said...

Anna went through a phase calling me Jamie. I thought it was cute and she grew out of it pretty fast!

Shannon Martino said...

McKenna - same phase, started calling me that after she picked up on the fact that Ethan called me Shannon. Although I didn't think it was so cute :) I had earned the title of "Mommy" and I expected her to use it, so I would just ignore her until she would call me Mommy :). I have a friend whose 2 younguns REFUSE to call her Mom. They call her Aunt Kamile because that is what their cousins who live close by call her. Mind you, her kids are 1 1/2 and 3. Plenty old to know her name is Mom. Nope, Aunt Kamile. Drives her nuts, I personally think it is really cute :)

Melissa Wilson said...

Emma has been doing that every once in a while since my sister moved in with us. If she doesn't see me she'll call out, "Mel---issssaaaa, where are you?" I think its cute and I think she probably thinks it is a pet name too! Like Halle, she answers, "mommy" when I ask her what my name is. Sweet little girls...

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

I just wanted to note that I love this picture of Halley. There is something in her confident expression that makes me smile.

counter