Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Can I do it??



So now that I am not pregnant I have decided that I wanted to get back into shape. What better way than to register for a mini-marathon!! Crazy? Yes, i think so- but It will get me running!! So last night Dustin and I both registered for the Indy mini! It is run on May 3rd which is the day after Dustin's graduation from grad school! So, I have 164 days to train to run this thing!! The money is paid so I better get started!!

Some of the info about this mini is:

Last year’s Mini-Marathon and 5K were sell-out events, reaching capacity on the earliest date in event history, on November 27, (nearly 5 months prior to the event).

• Not only the largest half-marathon in the U.S., but the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon received praise in Runners World, listed as one of “A Half Dozen Hot Halfs” in the world, based on participant experience in the 13.1-mile half-marathon. They had 35,000 participants last year!!

A co-worker told us that the reason why he loves running this one is because everyone is always cheering you on. If you start to slow you will fill lots of people patting your back telling you to keep going...helping you to push on!! I am super excited!!

9 comments:

jamie t. said...

That is awesome! I have always wanted to do something like that but I'm really not a runner. Maybe you'll inspire me! :)

Hoosier Mama said...

You'll rock it! I think it is awesome you and dustin are going to do it together! Goooooo Samye!

Allison said...

This sounds like so much fun! And it will be awesome to have people cheering you on... that would deffinelty help me get through it :) And how fun to do this with your husband - maybe Ben and I could do something like this someday :) Good luck and I can't wait to hear how your training goes and then the run!!

Amy said...

Awesome, Samye! Of course you can do it!!!!

Ali said...

You're inspiring Samye! Keep us updated on how you train for it and how you feel your progressing... have you run a half marathon before and if so, how many?

Juliana said...

YEAH!!!!!! Great for you guys...I totally want to do this but...it is graduation day for me!! SO I am going to do the Geist mini on May 17th...good luck I know you will rock it!

Anonymous said...

Samye,
Will you be training with a 192lb weight on your back? I only ask because it would be awful if you were not prepared to carry Dustin across the finish line. This site should be helpful, http://www.cert-la.com/liftcarry/Liftcarry.htm
I believe these techniques may help educate and prepare you to endure the stress of dragging Dustin 13.1 miles. We are all pulling for you Samye!!!

The Himmer Family said...

Hey thanks for the congrats!! Good luck with your half marathon!! We did one this summer with Kyle and had a blast! It's a great way to get you going though, happy training!!

Brooklyn said...

SAMYE!

Brooklyn and I are both typing this little note of congratulations, fingers crowded on the keyboard, tears streaming down our faces, because we are so happy that you and D are running a mini-marathon. Huge congratulations! HUGE!

counter