Friday, April 18, 2008

First earthquake!

Well we had an exciting (call it that) moment this morning when I was feeding Bennett and all of a sudden the whole home started shaking! It was about 5:30 in the morning so it was still dark...and my mind was going nuts! At first I thought I was having some sort of stroke, then realized that I don't think i would be coherent if that were happening. So I figured it was really an earthquake or it was just too early in the morning. After checking the news this morning it was an earthquake...and it was a 5.4 of the rictor scale!! Super fun way to start off a great day!

5 comments:

jamie t. said...

Wow! I've been in several earth quakes growing up in California and each one scares me to death. You never know how long they're going to last or how strong. I'm glad it wasn't too big and everything is ok.

Rachael said...

That is crazy! The other post for Dustin's bday was really cute! He has a great wife! :) Hope he had a great day! Good luck with the job hunt! (I think you should come to Salt Lake for awhile) :) Have a great weekend!

Juliana said...

I completely agree.

Ashlee and Shane said...

Hey Samye! Sorry I'm extremely slow writing back after you left us a comment. I tried finding your blog shortly after but could only find your recipe blog. Anyway, so I gave up. Then I was talking to Erik one day and he gave me the link to your family one. He showed me the video of Dustin...which I must say was an inspiration to all of us guys when our ladies leave us. Hey, I hear Camille is out of town this week...Dustin should go pay a visit to Erik and record Inconsolable Part II!!!

Shane

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Holy Cow!! What an exciting thing to have happen.

counter