Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My new club


Am I serious? Yep I am! After weighing the pros and cons we decided to get rid of our cell phones. I know! It is crazy! But you know what, I find myself doing so much more now that I don't have a cell phone. I talk to my kids in the car, we sing in the car...I spend a LOT less time on the phone at home, AND the best part- (well kind of) if we are on a family outing....we can't be disturbed by the phone. It is SO much cheaper to just have a home phone and just seems like a simpler life that we are leading. You ask what happens in case of an emergency? Well that would bring in our handy dandy trac phone... it has a total number of minutes on it and we can just use it! Why am I announcing it publicly on a blog? Well, after speaking with a dear friend today she decided that we should announce it on the blog AND start a club for those that don't have cell phones! So, If you don't have a cell phone let me know because we will get t-shirts made...and matching scrunchies too.

8 comments:

jamie t. said...

All we use is cell phones so I won't be able to join but I still think that it is great. I think the prepaid phones are fantastic for emergencys and it will save you mula. Good for you!

Stephanie said...

My husband has been trying to talk me into getting rid of our cell phones when we move to WA. I thought he was crazy, but after reading this, I think he may be right. Having the trac phone for emergencies takes care of my only concern about not having a cell phone. I think I might join your club. I'll let you know. :)

jamie t. said...

Hi, its me again. I had to tell you something though. I was blog hopping (is that a real term) from a friends blog in Ohio and would randomly click on different people from one blog to another and after about 6 times, I came across a blog that had you on it. It was so weird. Small world I guess. labrum6@blogspot.com was where I ended up! Crazy :)

Anonymous said...

Hey YAY! My husband and I have never owned cell phones...so sign us up! We've never seen the need to always be available. I just got a cool blackberry for work and traveling. I thought that Dan would die when I told him I don't turn it on or take it with me to family outings on the weekends. :-). Welcome to true Freedome!
Amanda Thomas (SLC cousin)

Ali said...

You are hilarious. I hope you're keeping that V.P. spot open for me.

Scrunchies! I can't stand it, I'm so excited. Can we get some matching ones for Halle and Eliza?

Doug & Stef said...

hi samye! I don't know if you remember me, I'm aaron and lisa's sis. Dustin will know! I just wanted to say hi and your kids are so cute! i really wish we could get rid of our cell phones, i'm too addicted. but it would save us so much money yuck!

Emily said...

We just got cell phones a year ago. Before that, we had the prepaid one as well. Good luck!

Hoosier Mama said...

I tried to get rid of mine a year ago, but matthias wouldn't let me. My response, I run my battery out and don't recharge.

counter