Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cupcakes for Cancer

Dear Friends, family, and neighbors-
In two weeks I will be running a 5K race to help support my friends' son, Greg, who has been diagnosed with cancer-Burkitts Lymphoma. This fun, family event will be held on Saturday, November 13th at 9:00 am in Westchester Hills housing development in Las Vegas.

Many of you live here and I hope you will join with me either in running the 5K or walking the 1 or 2 mile race. There will be train rides for the kids as well as a 100 yard dash. It should be a lot of fun. Greg and his family will be passing out cupcakes that morning to those who come to support this event.

There are also many of you who do not live close by but may want to help this amazing family by donating or pledging a set amount for each of the 3.2 miles I will run. This is easily done through Paypal -donate here or sending me a check made out to Cupcakes for Cancer.

Please visit www.cupcakes4cancer.blogspot.com for more information and to read Greg's story.

Most of us have been touched by cancer in some way. Here is a chance to come to gather and help ease the burden of Greg's family as they endure this trial in their lives. I will run for my love for the Downer family and the battle Greg is fighting. I will run for my brother, Brandon, who lost his battle 5 years ago. Will you run with me? Who will you run for?

Please let others know about this event and see how much we can do to help the Downer family out. Thank you.

Photobucket

0 comments:

counter