Saturday, April 24, 2010

To Celebrate

Today marks our 6 year wedding anniversary, Happy Anniversary Babe! According to tradition you are supposed to celebrate by giving each other either candy, iron, or wood (sounds like we shouldv'e gone golfing right?). Due to an EXTREMLY tight budget (thank you Gov. Gibbons and his cabinet for failing to manage the finances of our state) we went all out tonight. I am talking BIG TIME. We took the kids to Lovell Canyon and cooked hot dogs and smores over a fire. It was so nice to get away and to really feel like we were in the middle of nowhere. The kids loved playing in the dirt, Halle loved collecting lady bugs, and Bennett enjoyed throwing things into the fire (don't worry mostly wood). I spent all my time enjoying my sweet heart of 6 years, looking back at all we have done and accomplished. We have lived in 6 states, held 5 different jobs, visited four foreign countries, had three children, owned two pets, and only loved one...each other. It has been such a wonderful time thus far and I am eager and excited to see what the next 6 ..what the eternities will bring. So did I get my husband any of the traditional gifts? If you count the fire than yes, but it really isn't all about the gifts is it?

Photobucket

4 comments:

jamie t. said...

Congrats you two! Glad you had a nice day together with the kiddos. Yo have a beautiful family.

Rachael said...

Ah! That is sweet. Happy 6 years together! Really, it is about being together, not about gifts. Sounds like you had a great time.

janet said...

Happy Anniversary! Roasting marshmallows is a fabulous way to celebrate. That and looking HOT at church... I didn't see Dustin, but you definitely looked smokin'!

Hibbard Family said...

I did notice how hot you looked at church - I was checkin out your toned calves! Happy Anniversary!

counter