Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tree-huggin-hippie

There are many things that I might categorize myself as, and a tree hugging hippie is not one of them. Yet, I do admit that I own crocs. When I hear people make fun of crocs I usually will agree, yes they are super ugly...yes they look like big ole' boats on your feet...but man alive have you ever slipped your feet into a pair and worn them around for a whole entire day? Your feet will be singing praises in your name.

I use my crocs as house shoes (does this mean I am becoming an old lady?) and love wearing them around. We have zero carpet on our main floor- so I spend about 90% of the day with my bare feet standing on tile and it just plain hurts! So these crocs have been my saving grace! (Mind you as a side note these were hand me downs from my little sister...who now wears a size 10 in womens...she is 13. So I have yet to spend the muola on these suckers.)

Here is where the sad story starts...on Saturday I was hosing off our side yard (yes it is cement) in my crocs. They were soaking wet so I left them outside in the crazy Vegas sun to dry off. I pulled them in the house after drying for MAYBE 3 hours. AND THEY SHRANK! Seriously, they are now at least 1 size smaller than what they were. Crocs shrink (who knew?) and what a sad day it is!! Now what will I do? Maybe I will have to admit that I am a tree huggin hippie and go and buy a pair...because they are seriously the most comfortable things ever! But when you see that they make them cute like this...it might be hard to resist a new pair of house shoes!!



Photobucket

5 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

I love crocs but I don't own a pair, so I just flop around in my husband's. :) Hope you find some cute ones!

Katie said...

I absolutely refused to even think about buying crocs until I was 30 weeks pregnant and couldn't fit into any of my shoes. I had heard how comfy they are, so I caved and tried on a pair of their sandals....Best. Shoes. Ever. And yes, when they make them that cute, it's hard to think of a reason not to buy them!

Kami P. said...

I can't believe those red ones are crocs. They are so cute! So you've sparked my interest in crocs (have never thought about getting a pair) so I went to crocs.com and found these that are only $19.99 and they are on sale for buy one get one 50% off. Here's the link in case you're interested. http://www.crocs.com/crocs-prima/10028,default,pd.html?cgid=women-footwear-flats

jamie t. said...

I've never had crocs but I could use some comfy shoes for around the house. We do have many Hippy tree huggers here in Portland wearing them!

Diane Jaggi said...

I wash Matthews all the time and leave 'em the sun. But he does have the fake ones!

counter