Monday, August 24, 2009

I WIsh...

I have a degree in English Education and my certificate for teaching expires this next spring. Bummer right? In order to re-certify I have to take a couple classes, etc...but my problem is that I have never really used my degree!!

Do you know what I WISH I had? I wish that I had gone to beauty school. Seriously! Talk about a great job to have being a stay-at-home mom! I could trim my kids hair and feel like I knew what I was doing (I still do trim it but question if I am doing the right thing). I would totally advertise to stay-at-home moms to cut kids hair, and to even cut their hair. I would even love to color hair!! Could you imagine the side income you could get just a couple of girls to come over and get their hair done. AND as far as I know every girl I have ever met that has their liscense that is a stay-at-home mom loves to share their talent. (Unless they work for a salon then that is where it gets sticky). But seriously...how nice would that be?? This all comes down to the fact that I am getting grey hairs and have been looking into what it costs to get your hair done...done by someone who knows what they are doing- and I am looking at at least $100 for a cut and color. AT LEAST! Ggeeezz.... any suggestions out there???

Photobucket

13 comments:

Karina said...

Funny - Lauren just made this same comment the other day and has an English degree. So true.

knjfabela said...

hey, remember when you did my hair in high school? I could give you a good reference if you need it :)

Kami P. said...

Move to Omaha and get your hair by someone that doesn't charge a ridiculous amount? :-)
Yes, being able to do hair IS really a great thing. I did three peoples hair last week and made enough to pay for Livi's gymnastics classes this fall. NICE! I can't wait until we can build my dream home and have a small salon though. Having to bend over a strangers tub to wash your hair out is not so glamorous.

Marissa said...

hey. we colored eachother's hair quite a bit in college. what's so hard about it? i have thought the same thing. re-sertify, re-shmirtify. i think you should get your beauty license instead of taking more classes. why do you think i took up photography?? It works great.

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

I have a degree in marriage and family therapy and I never use it! I always wanted to go to beauty school too, but i'm so not a "beauty school person"-- not trendy enough-- :) and my dad freaked out when i told him. :) but i always wished i had done it too!

my hair started turning grey when i got pregnant-- thanks Sonnet!-- so i color it all the time. i have no advice--- it just costs way too much everywhere! :) good luck!

Amy said...

Oh my word, you should totally do it!!! I bet you could swing beauty school in a couple of years! It's not too late!!!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I've thought this EXACT same thing!! Thankfully I found a great, cheap place in town that I use for hair cuts. And I color my own hair at home to hide my grays!

The Collins said...

oh my gosh samye, I say that to my husband all the time!!!! I actually was just cutting his hair last night and saying I wish I would have gone to beauty school so that I could get a license and be legit to cut all types of hair and styles, etc. I wish the same as you!!

Katy said...

I know I have always thought it is a great idea. You should do it! :)

Rachael said...

That thought has crossed my mind too. I've been cutting Ryan's hair for the last year and it has saved us so much money! Yeah, you should do it if you want to. :)

Emily B said...

I wish I could refer you to someone cheaper. I wish I would have gone to hairschool, too. I actually did want to go after college, but I couldn't justify spending $10,000 on more school when I was still paying off college. Who knows? You might find an opportunity to use your degree one day.

Emily said...

I've had similar thoughts, though I must admit I'm VERY glad to have a college degree. Would Granddad have had it any other way? Or any of our Dad's for that matter?

Your date night sounds fun!

Brittany Seager said...

i only charge 60 :) haha

counter