Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RSV

Poor Miles. I ended up taking him to the Dr. Saturday afternoon and they immediantly sent us over to the hospital (via ambulance...they wouldn't let me drive) to admit him to be watched. His oxygen levels were super low and he had a high temp, drumroll please, yep RSV. Poor guy, he was hooked up to all sorts of machines and was still happy as a clam. He ended up pulling out his own IV around 2:30 am, after figuring out he could do that he started working on his oxygen tubes. Luckily they didn't have to put another IV in (they had already blown his right hand vein so they would have to go for the forearm), and around 6 am they finally took him off of the oxygen. We were FINALLY released around 5ish on Sunday night and I am so thankful to be home and able to take care of him. He is doing good now, we have a follow-up visit with our ped on Wednesday hopefully he will be doing lots better. He doesn't mind his breathing treatments, and loves that mommy and daddy cuddle him all the time (love is the best medicine right?) Hopefully he will get feeling better...

14 comments:

Emilee said...

Those tubes on his face break my heart! Poor guy and poor mom! Glad to hear he's home and that he's on the mend.

Devin and Megan said...

Our little Dallas has the same thing! It's awful!!

Good luck! Try the baby rub vicks

No Big Dill said...

Bless his heart. Glad you're home.

Haircutting. Yes Trial and error, but honestly I haven't had too many major errors. Email me and we can discuss further.....rkdill@gmail.com

Ali said...

Get well soon Miles! What a heart break. I'm glad you're back home with him.

knjfabela said...

So sorry to hear that. I am glad you are back on and that he is feeling better!

Amy Marie Gessel said...

Poor little guy. I hope he will continue to get better. He will be in our prayers. Love you guys.

Brittany said...

Oh, I just hate that.

We had the same thing happen with little Carter two weeks ago, and ended up having to stay in the hospital for 6 DAYS!!!

I hate seeing them sick like that, they are just so little and helpless, and it's so hard to hold them with all those dang tubes attached to them.

I am so glad he is doing better and recovering quickly.

vickersfam said...

I heard about Miles getting RSV, so I'm glad you posted and I'm especially glad he's feeling better! I'll keep him in my prayers, the sweet little guy. I can't believe he was sweet and happy amongst all the machinery or that he could get the tubes out. You better keep your eye on this one!

jamie t. said...

Poor guy! Aren't you glad though that you can take him to the hospital where they can help them get better so fast.

I hope that he recovers quickly

Jeremy and Taren said...

Hope Miles is feeling better. Let us know if we can do anything. Thinking of you guys.

Melissa Wilson said...

SO sorry you had to deal with that. It really is awful. Joseph was in the same boat last year and just had it again this past week. Yuck. Glad to hear he is doing better!

Rachael said...

That is so sad! Poor little guy. I hope he gets well soon!

Kristie said...

oh, poor guy. hope he has a steady recovery. miss you guys.

Bree said...

Hope he's feeling better soon!! And Bennett too!

counter