Thursday, December 24, 2009

Early Christmas

I know I have been way behind in blogging...by the time I get around to blog I am so exhausted that I choose to catch up on my zzzz's!

Had to quickly share about my "early Christmas present" that I received last night. I was making dinner last night when all of a sudden I was in INCREDIBLE pain in my back. Far worse than childbirth... I lay on the ground for awhile until I finally decided action needed to be taken. I called the triage nurse and she told me to get to the ER- so after a quick blessing a wonderful friend came and picked me up and took me to the ER. After a cat scan we finally saw what was the trouble, I have a kidney stone stuck as it was trying to pass (no idea I even had a kidney stone) and it is far too big to pass on its own. They wanted me to stay the night in the hospital (which is really stressful seeing as I have a 5 week old at home who has never had a bottle). After blood work and some morphine they saw that my kidney function was still at 100% so they said I could go home as along as I made an appointment to see the urologist asap. After lots of prayers I woke up this morning to zero pain. Amazing blessing seeing as I can't even talk to my Dr. until Monday. Merry Christmas to me!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Marissa said...

oh you are kidding!! I've heard kidney stones are the worst things alive. Hope you feel okay through the holidays. Merry Christmas to you guys!!! xoxoxoxo

Hannah said...

oh my goodness! i am so sorry! i hope they get it taken care of quickly and that you start feeling like yourself again. glad you have a little relief from the pain over christmas.

Stuart Humes said...

That is horrible (the kidney stone) and amazing (the lack of pain)! Let me know if you need anything! Merry Christmas!!

Coslett's said...

oh SAMYE. that SAME thing happened to me when I was in the MTC... the WORST pain ever!! I am SO sorry that happened! drink lots of water!! Merry Christmas!!!

Coslett's said...

ps- this is heather by the way :)

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

oh I'm so sorry for you! I've had 9 kidney stones and that's a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone! What a miracle for you to not hurt today! Merry Christmas!

The Morrisons... said...

oh no...I had one of those about 3 months after Cash was born. Awful. I too went to the hospital and you are right...FAR WORSE than contractions. I hope it does not return.

Have a Merry Christmas.

counter