Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines day

It was a beautiful Valentines day here in Bloomington (that is if you don't mind it being FREEZING cold)! Once again this year Dustin had to work late so Bennett and Halle enjoyed a romantic dinner together of macaroni and cheese. They both received another Valentines day package from Grammy (thankyou!!!) although I am still peeling stickers off of everything! (I still LOVE the package though...it kept Halle busy for a long time!) Halle wanted to wear her "queen crown" all day long, and of course Bennett got to wear it too!

For the "real" Valentines dinner Dustin got home around 9pm and we cooked dinner together. It was meditteranean salmon with white beans-tasty, but a little too gourmet for us I think. We even busted out the china for dinner(thanks Jean!) and enjoyed a quiet, long, dinner...with no kids interupting! It was so nice to eat and chat-we really enjoyed ourselves. I had planned on making fondue for dessert but Dustin surprised me and got me some truffles from a gourmet chocolate place here in town- SO GOOD! So we will be enjoying the fondue tonight (Saturday)!


On another note, Dustin got to "enjoy" a campout last night...it was 23 for the low. I am sure that he had fun with all those boys! One of the scout leader, his wife came over and we watched No Reservations last night-super cute!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a great evening! Your little Halle is a doll!

Hannah said...

Yum! That meal looks fabulous. You should post the recipe.

Em said...

mmmm.... Truffles! Good choice Dustin! That dinner does look quite tasty too.

Ali said...

I'm sure feeling inadequate due to your extreme domesticity! Salmon, so impressive!! Andrew had heart shaped, pink pancakes! I thought I was a mini-martha stewart based on the simple, bland fact that I used a squirt of red food coloring!

Anonymous said...

Sam, can you email me that recipie? it looks so good.i am glad you and Dustin are doing so well.

counter