Monday, July 30, 2007

Dustin and Halle's relationship

Being the cute husband that Dustin is he was at work today googling how to handle our handful two year old. This is a story that came up...it described their relationship perfectly. Picture it...

"They're So Cute At This Age

My daughter is not yet three years old, but I am beginning to see in her certain behaviors that I have witnessed in women many-times her age. Namely, unabashed rejection of me and the gleeful, long-term possession of grudges.

When we returned home tonight from dinner at a really bad Italian joint, I told her it was time to get into the bathtub.

“No, daddy,” she said in a tone that was more condescending and corrective than unhappy. “I want to watch Cinderella.”

“No, honey,” I said, adopting the tone she’d taken with me. “It’s bath time. You can watch Cinderella another time.”

When I reached out to unbutton her shirt, she pushed my hand away like it was nothing. I gave her The Vulcan Brain-Melting Death Glare, spoke a few stern words and ultimately convinced her that undressing and getting into the bath was the only way to prevent me from killing Cinderella and boiling her guts in a pot with two cans of Pabst and a package of bratwursts. My child was NOT happy, but she acquiesced because, well, as we all know, I’m stronger than the average two-year-old girl and I CAN kill Cinderella.

Less than an hour later, it was bedtime. I scooped my baby girl up in my arms, carried her to bed and tucked her big, fluffy white blanket up under her shoulders. I then leaned in to kiss her cheek, but she reached out her arm and stopped my chin with her little hand.

“Go away,” she whispered.

3 comments:

Ola said...

Oh... Didn't she just break your heart?
So sorry... But you did GREAT!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it...a REALLY huge laugh from Grammy!!!!!! Thanks for my humor for the day...

Grammy :)

Hannah said...

What a cute story. I'll have to get Jason to read it. 2 year olds are way too funny.

counter