Friday, April 1, 2011

Winner winner..chicken dinner.

I had a roommate who once said that, not sure who it was. I am sure she was fabulous whoever she was (I had A LOT of great roommates in college).

On to more- have you ever won anything? I feel like I go in spurts of winning things- ask my husband. I enter EVERY contest that I can...for the most part. I mostly enter blog contests because the probability of winning is a lot higher than that of- say something like Publishers Clearinghouse (which my Honey did every year...maybe it runs in the blood?) I have won jewelry, diaper bags (plural yes), gift cards to restaurants...but I do feel like I have my times when my winning streak is a lot higher. I will win more items over a short amount of time then have this huge dry spell where nothing happens.

Today we were sitting in line waiting to get Halle (have I mentioned that I drive 20+ minutes each way to pick her up from school?? And that her school isn't even registered in the gps because it is...well...you get the point. So we are sitting there, boys enjoying the windows down when I decide to turn on the radio. Mr. Radio DJ man mentions they are giving away tickets to a movie premier- and I think, why not, I will try. I call once- busy. (Of course you HAVE to try again) I call the second time and it starts ringing- and HE answers. He asks me my name, of course says that is a fabulous name, then says he has good news and bad news. Bad news first, you aren't the caller we were looking for so you don't win the tickets. Boo. Good news is that you are caller number 10 so how about going to a concert, we will give you a pair of tickets to Owl City July 25th...does that sound ok? Of course it was ok, they put me live on the radio and I got to announce a couple of things- the best part is that I had my s-u-p-e-r sexy voice...because I am horribly congested right now.(We are talking like a female Sean Connery way too cute for my own good).

I seriously won tickets to a concert...super excited here. Maybe I should enter Publisher's Clearinghouse giveaway now...

I guess we actually have to figure out who Owl City is and what they play. Yep, I was the winner winner chicken dinner

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jessica said...

They sing the firefly song...should be a fun concert. LOVE winning things...my biggest win was a shelf reliance shelf last Thanksgiving. I feel like I never win anything and that was a nice surprise from their blog! :) Have fun!

Emily B said...

I listen to the radio A LOT, and I always call in every time there is a contest for tickets for whatever, and I NEVER GET THEM! One time in high school, I was caller 9 when they were wanting caller 10, and that is the closest I've ever gotten. Actually, I think that is the only time I've ever gotten to the ringing. Every other time it's just busy, busy, busy. I guess I will keep trying. I'm bound to win SOME time, right? That's awesome for you! Owl City should be a fun concert!

Marissa said...

Owl city is awesome. Can't believe you snagged that! Seems like you guys are loving texas. We'll have to figure out womens conference soon. Can't wait!

Hibbard Family said...

I'm with Emily and never win anything! Good for you, Samye! Ummm I have never heard of Owl City. But the great part is that if you hate the concert and leave you won't be mad that you spent any money!

Diane Jaggi said...

What you don't know who Owl City is, dang girl! You will soon. Good work.

counter