Monday, September 13, 2010

The Triathlon...

I did my 4th triathlon this weekend...yes, my name is Samye and I am a triaholic. It is a TOTAL bummer that they are so darn expensive because I really would do so many more of these.

It was a wonderful tri- I had two really good friends do it with me (it was their first) and they are still my friends...so I figure they had a wonderful time too!

Here is my cheer team-they were the best cheerleaders ever! Sweet Bennett never could find me- the first time he saw me was at the finish line. Every time I would ride by him he just had this lost distant look in his face.
And this sweet man, he was the best cheerleader- finding me all along the course and cheering me on!!

These are the girls that did it with me- it was so much fun having people to train with and then to go to the big race day with. These two girls are amazing and it was such a treat! And yes, I do realize how gorgeous we look...but hey after what we went through I am surprised we look this good!

I placed 4th overall for my age division and improved on my swim and bike time by a good amount. The run was kind of rough since I developed a stress fracture at THE BEGINNING of the swim. So running a 5K on a stress fracture....definitely don't recommend that! Hopefully we can find another one to do soon...anyone else want to join us...we have a LOT of fun!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Emily B said...

You guys DO look gorgeous. I bet you were the three best looking girls in the whole race. Congrats on another tri, Samye!

janet said...

I love that you girls did this together!! What a great way to spend a Saturday morning! sorry to hear about the stress fracture.. ouch!

ps. your hair looked so cute on Sunday and I forgot to tell you :)

Emily said...

SMOKIN'!
You girls are my heroes. I would do one with you if:
a) I had a bike
b) I didn't have to run

Katie said...

You all look amazing. I wish I looked that great on a regular day. Maybe I should exercise more. I haven't been in an exercise routine since Bloomington. Sad I know.

Marissa said...

hey! you look awesome skinny mini!! we are gonna have to do one of these together....next year?? i'm shooting (long shot) for a half iron man next fall. you wanna do it????? let's do the spudman for sure in july. you would LOVE it, it's so fun.

Connie said...

You are our Hero Sam! Love to all your support team too!

Hibbard Family said...

It is amazing that when you finish you want to do another huh?! I had fun with you and you were such a great coach :) Can't wait for our next one!

The Collins said...

Amazing Samye...4th!!! That must feel so good! So fun to have 2 other girls to do it with!

Lisa said...

Good for you girl! Lookin' buff!

counter