Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun in the neighborhood


Another fun day in the neighborhood...this was really one of the wackiest expierences that I have ever had! Read on-
Friday we were coming home from the grocery store (me and the kids) when we pulled around the corner of our street I saw this guy parked up on the curb a good 1/2 mile up. When I turned the corner he immediantly put his car in reverse and backed up very fast. He then did a 180 so that he would be facing me in his car. At this point i had opened the garage door and was pulling in. As I was pulling I saw him coming at me VERY FAST- I got in the garage as fast as I could and started closing the garage door when I saw him pull up in our driveway (sideways...and squishing some plants along the way), almost as if he were coming at us. I immediantly locked all doors and stayed in the car- I called Dustin who was on his way home and told him what was happening then called our local dispatch and 911. I reported what happened and got the kiddos in our home asap. Dustin pulled up about 3 minutes later and the guy was now standing in the middle of the street and started challenging Dustin in his car. He would run as fast as he could at D's car, then shout a couple things at him. D stayed in his car, and I at this point had given dispatch his cell # so he was talking with them letting them know what was happening. The guy then started running around, he destroyed a neighbors grill, then started hidding places. As soon as 3 cop cars pulled up Dustin came in and parked. An ambulance and firetruck soon came too...the guy ended up passing out and they took him away. He actually lives down the street from us- and the reason he was acting so crazy? Alcohol...way too much alcohol. He is now in a rehab after being in the hospital for a couple of days and his parents have moved all of his belongings out of his home.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Laura said...

CRAZY!! I'm so glad you are the kids are all okay and that no one was hurt. What a crazy story!

Heather said...

oh my gosh Samye! That is CRAZY scary!! I can't imagine what must have been going through your mind when that happened! Im so glad you guys are all okay! Why are people SOOO weird and stupid? It's beyond me.

jamie t. said...

Wow, that is really scary. I'm glad that it turned out ok. Geeze I will never understand people.

Erin said...

Whaaaat? This is nuts! At first I thought you were talking about the cop doing all this, but then I got it. :) Glad y'all are ok!

Emily B said...

I can't believe some of the crazy things people do when they are intoxicated. I'm so glad you are okay. I would have been freaking out with my kids in the car. I hope rehab is helpful to him because he sounds like he needs some serious help.

Allison said...

How scary Samye... this actually made me tear up to think you had to go through this experience and with your kids - I would feel so helpless :( I'm so glad everything turned out ok in the end and it's good to know he probably won't be back since his family moved his things out.

Marissa said...

What a psycho. you need to move to idaho...hurry. we are waiting!!

Katy said...

Wow so crazy! I am glad you guys were all safe and nothing worse happened.

Hibbard Family said...

Oh my gosh! Crazy people. That's really scary though. At least you were in a big car, you could run him over if needed right? j/k :)

Brittany Seager said...

i would have been SO freaked out. people are NUTS. glad everyone is Ok!

counter