Friday, November 6, 2009

Dr. Apt

Went to the Dr. again today. I geared myself up for a battle me (not wanting to be induced) vs. Him (wanting to get this baby here asap), and I won. Well, it really wasn't a win but it did feel good to be listened to. He apologized for the stunt last week saying he really didn't mean to do all that he did-he was just trying to see if the baby was head down.

It was a productive visit though, little boy has dropped completely and I am 90% effaced. He said that "My cervix is very favorable to have a baby"...well thanks. Which brings me to a conversation I had with a friend yesterday (my supporter for waiting for this big boy to come) and she reassured me that "because I have Italian blood I was born to have babies, big babies." Thanks Jenna! We have this theory that when babies are brought into the world before they are completely ready they are "bad babies". They don't sleep as well, don't eat as well and have other numerous issues. Halle was induced two weeks early and she was...well a challenge for the first month or so. Bennett on the other hand came on his own time schedule and was sleeping and eating like a champ. Now, I realize that all babies are different- but I don't think I have talked with one person who has disagreed with me that if you bring the baby before it is medically necessary they aren't as happy as what they could be. Anyway- here's to a good weekend-

Photobucket

12 comments:

Emilee said...

You go girl! Way to stick by what you believe. I'm with you & Jenna... let 'em come when THEY'RE ready if you can!

jamie t. said...

Being induced was one of the hardest things for me ever. Brook came much easier on her own. Way to stick to your guns. Hope everything goes well.

Hibbard Family said...

I really do believe that Italian and Mexican women are made to deliver those babies!! I'm glad you've stuck to your guns... call me if something starts stirring!!

Jon and Ashley said...

I'm so proud of you for standing up to your doctor. I wish I would have done that more often. You guys were a darling family for Halloween. I need to show Jon Dustin's wig. He would have loved it.

Katy said...

I feel the same way. Way to stick to your guns!

HAYHAY said...

After I had Ben, the nurse told me I was born to birth babies. I thought that was funny. I think it is the after math (sleep deprivation) that gets me. They definitely are all different. GOOD LUCK with baby number 3!

Becky said...

Hope you had a good weekend! I am so excited for you to have your baby. I am sad that I will not see you in primary any more. I wish you the best!

Kate Perkes said...

Samye! You are lookin so dang cute. It is so fun, cause you and Jeralyn (Bucks wife) are due at the same time, so it will be fun to get two November babes. Good for you for stickin to your guns girl! So often I think women are afraid to stand up for themselves against a doctor, but it is our bodies and we are paying them to deliever OUR baby. We know whats best. I wish I could say your theory worked for me tho. Unfortunetly Nate is by far my most difficult, and Gracie is strong willed beyond nothing I have ever seen, and they came on their own. Julia and Ben were induced and are my chill babies. Funny how its one or the other tho! You bring a good point, mine is just opposite! haha Good luck to you in the coming weeks, we will be thinking of you and prayin for ya. Ohh and Tell Dustin CONGRATS on the first Tri! We should meet up somewhere in the middle next year and do one together. Jake and I are really wanting to start doing them. Anyways... Love you guys and Miss ya!

Hoosier Mama said...

Good luck Samye!

Jennifer said...

I agree with you! Those babies usually know when they are ready. Hope you have a great delivery and a healthy, happy baby!

Kapri said...

Stay strong girl! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Jeremy and Taren said...

Waiting for the call. Hee hee

counter