Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life in general

I haven't been sleeping well lately, and today I took a 3 hour nap. Looks like I won't be going to sleep anytime soon. I figured I might update this a bit seeing as I haven't done anything in months. 

Pictures aren't going to happen- I have to update my account and pay in order to put pictures up...I'm going to figure out a way around that one. 

Anyway- life is continuing on. Seeing as this is a journal of sorts I will just update so I can keep track of things. 

Halloween was great- we have the best neighborhood. Seriously, people bus in to our neighborhood in order to trick or treat. We ate a fun dinner with our neighbors then headed out for trick or treating. Miles made it maybe 1/4 of the way down the street and decided to lay down because he was tired. So- he laid there in the middle of the street (Dustin ran back to the house and grabbed the double stroller) we hoisted him in there and continued. Kids got a plethora of candy and are still eating it to this day (December 10th). I think next year we might donate the candy the day after and just be done with it. 

Miles birthday was the day we were leaving to go skiing so we planned a birthday party the week before. Sadly, I ended up in the hospital the day of his party so we had to cancel it. He really didn't care- luckily he is so easy going as long as he got some presents he was ok. My mom ended up coming down to help out while I was in the hospital so Miles got to open his presents in front of her. 

Hospital- I went to bed Thursday November 8th after hosting a wonderful baby shower. About 11 I woke up with pains worse than child birth. I WAS DIEING. I lasted till about 1 until I finally woke dustin up and told him I was going to the ER- not to worry, and that i could go by myself he could stay with the children. (I'm not very dramatic, and don't want a fuss being made). I got to the ER about 2 AM and told them that I was dieing- they laughed, then heard that it was a kidney stone and took me more serious. They got an IV started and started pushing all sorts of drugs- morphine (Which just to remember makes me feel like i am riding a rollercoaster- almost like whiplash). Lots of zofran... (because I was violently ill). They took the cat scan-and found that I have 2 kidney stones. 1 in my left kidney that is just hanging out and the one in my right was stuck in my uriter. Stuck -so that it was creating an infection in my kidney, in my bladder everywhere. After finding this they started moving really fast- I saw the specialist and they told me the first thing they needed to do was place a stint running from my kidney to my bladder to bypass the stone. I started getting a tad nervous (this whole time I had zero cell reception) and then all of a sudden like an angel my running partner/neighbor/best friend shows up. She showed up to just be there for me- sitting in the ER, going with me to the OR, then waiting for me while I was in surgery. I have been truly blessed with her living across the street- she is a wonderful example of what I want to be... ANYWAY- they wheeled me into the OR, put me on the table then the last thing I remember is the dr. putting something in my iv to help calm me down. I woke up and the pain was gone- hallelujah! I spent the night in the hospital and came home the next day to a family that missed me (especially a nursing baby). 

The next week we left for Utah to go skiing for Thanksgiving. We drove up there, took us about 21 hours to get up there and the kids did great. We got to spend a lot of quality time with my mother-in-law and sisters. They got to try snowboarding for the first time which was a real treat. Halle and Bennett picked up skiing right back where they left off. Miles also got to get up on skis- took him two days of me dead lifting him until he finally got the idea then finally on day 4 he would support his weight and go down the mountain (still in between legs). We got to play and have a lot of fun- I always love visiting the mountains. Such a nice treat. Excited we get to go back for Christmas, and yes we will be driving again...but hey- after adding up the total for gas vs how much it would cost to fly i would drive any day.

We are gearing up for Christmas, I have about 95% of my shopping done and wrapped. I am really not wanting to stress out last minute about any of this stuff. We are doing the elf thing this year- Charlie is his name- and he is super mischievous! Just this morning we caught him in the bath with barbie...a bath of marshmallows! The kids love that they have someone watching them and reporting nightly to Santa. Makes it nice for us! 

And last but not least- Tomorrow morning I am heading in to surgery up at MH. They will be removing my kidney stone- woohoo. I am not really nervous i just want that sucker out of me! They were going to blast it with a laser (or whatever) but after seeing that it was 1cm big they decided they were just going to skip the laser and go ahead and remove it manually. I am not really nervous (I think), I am more excited to get this thing out. I am not looking forward to the anaesthesia (made me a tad sick last time), but I do get to report 2 hours early so I have my Kindle all loaded with good books and I am ready to relax. Honestly- how often do I get to sit by myself for a couple hours to read and relax?? My friends are really stepping up in helping with us tomorrow. It is always so nice to have friends willing and able to help out...really takes a load off. 

And that wraps it up- if you have made it this far congratulations. You now have the update of our life! 


Laura said...

Yikes! I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you are back in tip-top shape soon.

Hil said...

Wishing you well with the surgery today! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. As for getting around the paying google for more storage.. just create a new email account and start posting from that account. Either that or use Dustin's account. They don't charge storage per blog... but per email account. Hope that helps!

Katie said...

Oh man! Good luck with everything and it cracks me up that you're looking forward to your early check in time so that you get some alone time. The life of a mother... :)

Glen & Kat said...

Wow! I was glad to read the update...glad you got to enjoy a little time to yourself, but no fun it had to be because of surgery. Hope everything went well!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your web site by the use of Google while looking for a related subject, your website came up, it looks good.
I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just become aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it's really informative.
I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will likely be benefited from your writing.

Take a look at my website Bmi Index chart

vivici said...

thank you for sharing
viagra asli usa
viagra pil biru
jual viagra original
viagra obat kuat
viagra asli jakarta