Friday, June 27, 2008

Day Two in Vegas

Today was day two for us in Vegas as home-owners, yep we are FINALLY in our new home! We are about to start enjoying it as we are still busy unpacking.

But to keep everyone intrigued-today was the WORST grocery store visits I have ever had. The kids and I ran out to get more "essentials" for the fridge and were only suppose to be gone about an hour. We ran down to our local grocery place...one in which I had never heard of, but figured because they were unknown to me they must be cheap. Wrong. They were quite pricey-but that isn't the worst part. We are walking around picking stuff up when I leave my cart to grab and check the eggs (you know gotta make sure none of them are broken) and turn back around to see my cart crashing to the ground with Bennett in it. Somewhere along the way one of the wheels fell off of my grocery cart causing it to tip over so that my poor baby went crashing to the ground along with all my groceries! Bennett just lost it and I don't blame him one bit I am sure he had a major headache along with the scare of falling like that!! Immediantly an employee came over and tried making the situation better-you know, got me a chair, spoke with me...and then went to get the manager on duty. He came over and I told him that I was going to file a report ( I was still really shaken up) so I filed one while they picked up my groceries and put them in another cart. They also had a physician come over and take a look at Bennett just to make sure he was ok...And that was that! SERIOUS! I was shaky up until the moment I got in the car and then I was just mad. The whole way home I just kept saying "lawsuit...anyone???". It was a very infuriating situation!! I can say that I will NEVER shop at that store again...NEVER. I mean-what would happen if it had been a newborn and they had fallen out...I hate that store.

Bennett is doing fine, he sustained a minor scratch/cut under his eye from the Rice Krispies and he was happy as a lark crawling around the house tonight...tough little guy.

9 comments:

knjfabela said...

You have every right to be upset! I have never heard of a cart falling over like that. It must have been pretty old and they haven't done their inventory or something. I hope he continues to feel better and I am glad you made it to Vegas. I hope you have a better day today!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I can hardly believe that happened! Poor little Bennett and you, too! Seems like when it "rains it pours"....moving is stressful and I am so glad you are both okay and that you are FINALLY in your house! Hope it is all downhill from here...

Love you,
Mom P. :)

Kami P. said...

Oh my goodness. What a mess. I'm sure along with being upsetting it was a complete embarassment too. I'm so sorry that happened. He could have gotten so hurt. Makes we want to double check my carts the next time I go to a store cuz I usually have all three kids in the one cart.
I'm so glad you're in your house. I feel for you, we just went through that process and unpacking can be such a drag. Enjoy! :-)

Thompson's said...

Sorry about the crazy store situation. What store was it? Glad to see you all made it to your home. We are only a couple of hours away from you right now visiting family in St George. Didn't know you all were going to Africa. It sounded like an amazing trip.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness....I am so glad Bennett is okay. Congratulations on your new home!
Valerie

Katy said...

That is horrible! I am glad that Bennett is okay!

jamie t. said...

What a horrible trip. I don't blame you for being so upset. I would have been. I am glad that he is ok though. I hope that you are getting settled quickly and I can't wai to see pictures of your new place.

Anonymous said...

Oh little Bennett! :( I'm glad to hear he's okay, but still, THAT STORE SUCKS! Lesson learned, right? Too bad it had to be at his expense!

Unknown said...

They didn't even give you your groceries for free....come on! I'm glad he is ok.

counter